Front-End Engineer, UI/UX
About the role:
Can UDig It?
UDig is a technology consulting company with expertise in Software Engineering, Data Enablement and Advanced Insights. We partner with clients to provide solutions that resolve business challenges. People join our team because they are excited to have an impact on the future of our organization, passionate about delivering meaningful results, and energized by solving complex problems. Oh, and they like working with other driven, smart and authentic people in a work hard/play hard environment.
How Things Go Down as a Front-End Engineer
A typical day might entail:
- Project standups and check ins
- Application development using your core skills
- Planning and participating in project demos, back log grooming, and more…
- White boarding sessions with project teams and prospective clients
- Coaching, mentoring and sharing with other developers
- Contributing to internal UDig “fun/innovative” projects
- Career and job growth through UDig-provided training
- Taking a break to unwind in our recreation room, where you’ll find a putting green, basketball games and competitive ping pong matches
- Earning cred amongst your peers through fun challenges throughout the year, whether finishing the 1500-piece puzzle in the common area, making the closest guess of what a pumpkin weighs or competing in a peanut butter taste test on National Peanut Butter Day
Sound Interesting? Here’s the Technical Piece.
Below are a few boxes you should be able to check if you’re interested:
- 3 – 5+ years of experience in Solution, Design and Development of applications using the latest web related technologies
- Ability to convert specifications about business problems into thoughtful and well-executed UI/UX
- Participate in design and code reviews with peers to ensure compliance with standards/best practices
...And Then Some:
(Because we aren’t hiring robots):
- Proven ability to effectively influence decision makers, win trust, present technical ideas and high-level concepts and solutions to audiences with varying degrees of technical knowledge
- Ability to take your work seriously but also seriously enjoy a good time with your UDig colleagues
Additionally, because we treat all employees as stakeholders in the future of UDig, we carefully consider whether candidates share our company values, echo our mission and align to our organization’s unique and special culture. You can read more about those on our website.
What’s in It For You?
We provide continuous challenges and professional development, the opportunity to collaborate with authentic and fun team members, and an environment in which all team members can impact our business as well as our clients’. Additionally, we offer:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification Reimbursement
- Regular team building and social activities
More About the Engineering Team and UDig Squad:
You will join our Software Engineering team, the largest practice at UDig, to act as a trusted advisor in consulting with clients on their technical needs. Engagements in this practice typically entail application ideation, application modernization, application integration, cloud enablement, custom application development or Voice and IoT initiatives. Our Software Engineering team has delivered solutions to a wide range of industries and to organizations of varying sizes. Sample projects include developing a custom convention management system for one of the largest unions in the US, building and implementing a cloud strategy for a fast-growing startup, and creating a custom web application for a specialty insurer.
We trust all our consultants to build, sustain and grow meaningful relationships with our clients. You will be expected to share in their success as a mentor and advisor. In addition to delivering on client expectations throughout engagements, this role will have a direct impact on the growth of UDig through various internal initiatives as appropriate.
Since getting our start in 2001, we’ve remained committed to fostering a transparent environment where leadership is accessible, there are ongoing professional development opportunities, and employees can kick back with a beverage every so often. We’re proud of our unique culture and careful in selecting who we add to our team!